AICrete is a venture-backed startup company focused on unlocking automation and artificial intelligence in the concrete industry. Our innovative "concrete mixture and testing-as-a-service" model combines data, automation, and cutting-edge artificial intelligence with a firm understanding of concrete materials science to enable concrete producers and contractors to make cost-effective, durable, and sustainable concrete mixes quickly, efficiently, and with minimal risk. Our mission is to make concrete mixture design and testing fast, cheap, and sustainable.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated, disciplined, detail-oriented, and talented Concrete Quality Control Manager to join our growing team and help make the most significant contribution to advancing the concrete and construction industry using data, automation, and software. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing concrete material testing as described below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Train, guide, mentor, and manage the work of Concrete Lab Technicians and Interns
- Perform concrete materials laboratory testing on concrete, aggregates, etc. such as workability, air content, setting time, shrinkage, compression testing, sieve analysis, moisture content/correction, etc.
- Record data collected from laboratory tests and observations with great accuracy and precision
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment
- Perform other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 5+ years of experience in concrete materials laboratory testing and managing quality control
- Testing certifications from ACI, Caltrans, or NICET
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines
- Must be detailed-oriented, quality-driven, precise, and willing to learn
- Ability to lift and move 10-35 lbs frequently and over 50 lbs occasionally with assistance from other lab technicians
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to kneel, squat, and climb occasionally
- Ability to drive and operate a forklift with operator certification
- Ability to conduct concrete materials laboratory testing with great precision and accuracy given specific guidelines
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and life)
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- Paid time off