AICrete is a venture-backed startup focused on unlocking automation and machine learning in the concrete and construction industry. Our innovative "concrete mixture and testing-as-a-service" model combines data, automation, and cutting-edge machine learning with a firm understanding of concrete materials science to enable concrete producers and contractors to make cost-effective, durable, and sustainable concrete mixes quickly, efficiently, and with minimal risk. Our mission is to make concrete mixture design and testing fast, cheap, and sustainable.
At AICrete, we are looking for a motivated and talented automation and robotics engineer who is innovative and cable of doing end-to-end work to solve complex and challenging problems. You will be responsible for researching, designing, building, and maintaining automated and robotic systems and applications that conduct various experiments related to concrete material testing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with developer, fellow engineers, project managers and other stakeholders to understand the requirements and scope of the automated systems
- Draft blueprints, sketches, or other documentation demonstrating proposed ideas and prototypes, modifying based on feedback and simulation results
- Design and develop automated and robotic systems conducting concrete raw material sampling, handling, testing, and machine and equipment tending, etc.
- Construct, configure, test, and debug systems
- Ensure that automated and robotic systems operate safely, dependently, and with precision and identify and implement necessary modifications
- Recommend, develop, and implement enhancements and improvements to increase efficiency and precision in high-throughput operations
- Assist with cost estimates and project calculations
- Maintain knowledge of existing and developing technology and trends in automation and robotics
- 3+ years of experience working with automation equipment
- Proven ability to develop mechanical and electrical systems
- Proven skills in writing software and programming systems
- Extremely proficient in computer-aided drafting (CAD) software to create accurate drawings and schematics
- Thorough understanding of electronics, hydraulics, conveyance, safety equipment, electrical wiring, computer software engineering, etc.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Able to apply advanced mathematical concepts
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience programming Arduino and Raspberry Pi quickly and efficiently
- Ability to use tools and perform tasks such as soldering, welding, and metal cutting with precision and accuracy
- Willingness to get hands dirty and build real fully automated and robotic systems
- Hungry to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, communication, and teamwork skills
- Great attention to details
- Organizational skills and analytical mind
- Act with integrity, keep commitments, and practice transparency
- Bachelor's degree in automation, mechanical, robotics, or electrical engineering; Mater's degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and life)
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work schedule